- Do you want to know how much money your banks make and where?
- Do you want to know how little taxes they pay and where?
- Do you want to know how much taxpayer support they have received and from whom?
- Do you want to know which tax havens they use?
Then let us make the sun shine on banks’ tax affairs!The European Parliament and the Council of Ministers are currently in the final phase of the negotiations on banking regulation (the so-called "CRDIV directive"). The Finance Ministers are refusing a proposal by the Members of the EU Parliament to increase transparency in the banking sector.
Help us put our governments under pressure by sending the following message to all our European Finance Ministers!
* Proposed article country-by-country reporting for financial institutions put forwards by the Member of the European Parliament:
- Member States shall require institutions to prepare and publish a report specifying, by Member State and by third country in which it has operations, the following information on a consolidated basis for the financial year:
- The report referred to in the first paragraph shall be audited in accordance with Directive 2006/43/EC of 17 May 2006 on statutory audits of annual accounts and consolidated accounts.